Author Spotlight: Kimberly Castillo

Please welcome Kimberly Castillo to Kit ‘N Kabookle!

Kimberly was here a couple of months ago talking about her book THE CONVENIENCE OF LIES. Check it out, and read on for an interview!

-Thanks for joining me today, Kimberly. Let’s start with a writerly question. What is your writing atmosphere like?

I usually write between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am… I’m such a night owl! I also like writing in the wee hours of the morning because everyone is asleep and everything is closed. So, there’s nobody to distract me, and I can’t really do anything else at that time anyway. With that being said, I write at my laptop at home.

-Looks like we’re opposites. I’m a morning person. Still on the subject of writing, do you work with an outline, or just write?

Yes, I usually work with an outline. I start general and then become more specific. First I will come up with the general plot line, then what each chapter will be about, and then the storyline for each chapter.

-Now, writers are often the most veracious readers. What is currently in your TBR pile?

Marry Poppins. I just watched Saving Mr. Banks and now I’m curious to read the novel behind the movie.

-Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I prefer physical copies of books. It is incredibly satisfying to look at my pile of books on my bookshelves. And I also don’t have to freak out about frying my kindle if I drop my book into the bath tub while reading. #guiltypleasure

[Lol, no harm to Kindles!]

-Back to writing. For aspiring writers, any tips?

Start with writing what you know, and write for yourself. Don’t let your fears prevent you from writing. Treat your writing with diligence. View constructive feedback as an opportunity to make your writing better, but also remember that you have the final say.

-And finally, if you could be anything else besides an author, what would it be?

A ballerina.

[Awesome choice, and it’s so cool that dancing is in your skill set. I’d fall flat on my face. Lol]

Kimberly Castillo wrote the first version of The Convenience of Lies when she was a teenager. After studying the process of storytelling at California State University Northridge, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in film production, she revisited this project to complete the story. The Convenience of Lies is her debut novel.

Kimberly is currently a graduate student and lives in Southern California with her husband and three cats.

Check out her blog. Connect with her on Linkedin, and follow her on Twitter @KCastilloBooks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

Share ‘N Enjoy:

Comments