The Sunday Post

Welcome to the Sunday Post!

A big thanks to Caffeinated Reviewer for hosting this meme!

Last Week’s Posts

-Monday: IMPERVIOUS by Zoe Allison
-Wednesday: SELLSWORD'S OATH by Gail Z. Martin
-Thursday: MISSIONS by Marc McGuire
-Saturday: Tips ‘N Treats (Saturday roundup)

This Week’s Posts

Links go live at 12:30 AM US eastern time.

-Monday: THE EVERY STONE by E.A. Sandrose
-Tuesday: THE EDGE OF ALL WORLDS by Matt Betts
Thursday: -Featuring Obelia Akanke
-Saturday: Tips ‘N Treats (Saturday roundup)

In Other News…

Lots of things went on this week in terms of books. This might be easier to do in groups, so…

What I read:
-Jinxed by Amy McCulloch - which was adorable mg fun and had some of the coolest technology. I want a wolf-shaped smart phone now.
-My BFF by Tonya Duncan Ellis – the tenth installment in Ellis’s Sophie Washington series. Again, great mg fun. I’ve read them all and am excited for more. Also, review coming soon!
-Trapped by Michael Northrope – I read this for work. It was okay, but for the description, there was nowhere near as much of characters driving the story as I expected/wanted. It felt like a lot of wheels spinning for lots of pages.
-I bought the paperback of A Wrinkle in Time a year or more ago to read as a family with my boyfriend and his daughter. We finally finished it last night, and I’m advocating to watch the movie tonight. For the record, that’s the movie that came out 15 or so years ago and went straight to DVD. The new one made me sad for lots of reasons that I won’t get into here.

What I started reading:
-The Duality Bridge by Susan Kaye Quinn – the second book in the duology I mentioned snagging on Amazon last week. So far, it’s neat; though, it’s been a while since I read the first and don’t remember a lot of the finer details about the series.
-The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson – for my virtual book club. I didn’t realize it had so many sci-fi elements, and I’m getting major Hunger Games vibes.

In terms of movies, I had an Anne Hathaway watch-a-thon with Princess Diaries and Ella Enchanted. Love them both!

What did you do this week?

Connect with me:
-Facebook
-Twitter
-Linkedin
-Goodreads

Share ‘N Enjoy:

Comments

  1. I love A Wrinkle in Time; it's an all time favorite. I read the entire series and the related one also. I haven't seen any of the movies.

    Stay safe and have a great week! Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love A Wrinkle in Time! And A Wind in the Door. It might be time for a reread. I saw the older movie, but wasn't enamored of it (though it was OK.) I would like to see the new one. And an Anne Hathaway binge sounds really good right now -- the three movies you mentioned, plus Get Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t read A Wrinkle in Time since I was in primary school, and I’m yet to see the movie. I have enjoyed The Princess Diaries and Ella Enchanted though, and I just added The Hustle to my watch queue on Stan.

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got a lot of reading done. I read A Wrinkle In Time, but I haven’t seen any of the movies. I hope you’re having a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment