Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Nerd Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s list is…characters that are book nerds.

Here’s my top ten in no particular order.

1. Matilda

One cannot discuss book nerd characters without mentioning Matilda. The girl developed magic powers from reading so much. If only…the things I’d be able to do. *sigh*

2. Diana Bishop from A Discovery of Wishes

Admitedly, this wasn’t my favorite book ever, but our leading lady works in a library that has hidden magical books. Yes, please.

3. Katie from the Lux trilogy

She’s a book blogger. Enough said.

4. Belle

Okay, so I’m cheating a little. She’s from a movie, not a book. But she’s Belle, the quintacential Disney princess who reads. She’s also my result whenever I take a “which Disney princess are you” quiz. Go figure.

5. Thursday Next

She’s a literature detective. Why can’t I have that job?

6. Kathleen Kelly

Again, it’s a movie, but this movie is so fun. Plus, Kathleen owns an independent bookstore. More power to independent bookstores.

7. China Sorrows from Skullduggery Pleasant

China is a wonderful character. Aside from owning a bookstore full of ancient, magical, and rare books, she’s the most beautiful woman in the world, which has a hilarious effect on men and the plot.

8. Gordon Edgely from Skullduggery Pleasant

Gordon Edgely is a writer who is dead for most of this series. Despite this, he manages to play a part (read it and see). I make note of him because a. he’s funny, and b. he writes dark fantasy/horror, Fun stuff.

9. Hermione Granger

I couldn’t end this list without mentioning everyone’s favorite book-reading witch. Hermione practically lives in the library. She’s a book nerd if I’ve ever read about one.

10. Jo March from Little Women

And finally, a classic “book nerd.” Not only is Jo a writer. She’s a writer before her time who believes in writing what she wants, rather than what’s popular. I applaud her for doing so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Kit ‘N Kabookle posts on Twitter @desantismt. Tag me for retweets.

Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment