Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WWW Wednesday 11-5-14

WWW Wednesday

Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

-What are you currently reading?

I was in a bit of a reading slump over the weekend, but I’ve picked up The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Adam Rex and Please Don’t Tell My Parents I’m a Supervillain by Richard Roberts. I’m enjoying both so far.

-What did you recently finish reading?

I know it doesn’t look like I was in a reading slump, but trust me, I was for a couple of days.

Anyway, I finished The Terror of the Southlands and The Shadow Prince. Terror was adorably wonderful. I enjoyed it more than book one in the Magic Marks the Spot series, actually. The Shadow Prince was pretty good.

I then read The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss because it came out, and I had to read it. It was different but awesome. As Rothfuss says of it “it doesn’t do what a story is supposed to do,” but I loved it anyway.

Then I read The Pulse by Shoshanna Evers, which is under 200 pages and took me all weekend. That was the slump. I’d start reading, think to myself I don’t feel like reading, and then stop reading. I started a bunch of books only to put them down and finally just finish this one. The book was okay, not really my cup of tea, but not bad.

And lastly, I read a Tor.com original short story, Brimstone and Marmalade by Aaron Korwin, which was kind of awesome.

-What do you think you’ll read next?

Book 4 in Chanda Hahn’s Unfortunate Fairytale series comes out soon. I’ve been waiting for that. So that at some point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Kit ‘N Kabookle posts on Twitter @desantismt. Tag me for retweets.

Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment