Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WWW Wednesday 10-29-14

WWW Wednesday

Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

-What are you currently reading?

I’m reading two books. Primarily, I’m reading The Terror of the Southlands (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #2) by Caroline Carlson. This is an adorable middle grade historical fantasy series about a high society girl turned pirate. I loved book one, and I’m loving book 2 so far.

I’m also reading The Shadow Prince by Stacey O’Neale, which I picked up because it’s free on Amazon. I’m only a few chapters in, but so far it’s okay.

-What did you recently finish reading?

I finished Shattered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #7) by Kevin Hearne, which was awesome. I also finished Death Perception by Lee Allen Howard, which I really enjoyed despite it having a horror feel and me being a wimp.

I also read Stray by Elissa Sussman, which had an awesome concept but not-so-great execution. I loved the world and the magic and the various components pulled from different classic fairytales. I was really into it until the halfway mark when plot strands started appearing and then disappearing. So much was started and never finished. Now, I know it’s a trilogy, but it seemed to take the no-information-will-be-revealed-at-all-in-the-hopes-that-you’ll-get-hooked-for-book-2 approach, and that makes me sad because if I knew a bit more about everything, I’d be more excited for the sequel. Right now, I don’t know.

I also read Mary Mary Quite Contrary (Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5) by Cameron Jace. That was pretty good.

-What do you think you’ll read next?

Definitely The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss. A friend of mine went to the release party for it yesterday (of which I am extremely jealous), and I’m ready for some hardcore fantasy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Kit ‘N Kabookle posts on Twitter @desantismt. Tag me for retweets.

Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment