Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WWW Wednesday 10-22-14

WWW Wednesday

Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

-What are you currently reading?

I’m currently reading two books—Shattered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #7) by Kevin Hearn and Death Perception by Lee Allen Howard. This is me trying to put a dent in my actual Goodreads to-read shelf. Never mind that there are hundreds of books on that shelf. In any case, I’m liking both thus far.

-What did you recently finish reading?

I finished Aftershock (H.I.V.E. #7), which is apparently not the last in the series. K, I knew that, but I also thought Deadlock (#8) was the last and out. Turns out, it’s not out, and it may or may not be the last. It probably isn’t. There’s probably nine books, three trilogies. So I’ll be here, waiting.

I also read The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus, #5). That was a great end to an awesome series, and I’m going to miss those little demigods.

Next I tried a new author. I picked up Broken Symmetry by Dan Rix, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s a ya sci-fi thriller, which is pretty cool. The science is neat. The concept is awesome. I just had a tough time connecting with the characters, who didn’t feel very consistent. All in all, though, it was a pretty good read. I’ll keep Rix on my watch list.

Finally, I read Hunted (Iron Druid Chronicles, #6). I read the first five at the beginning of 2013. Then I’m not sure what happened, but I’m back on it. Also, I <3 Oberon.

-What do you think you’ll read next?

The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss comes out next week. I’ll read that as soon as I can. I’ve got some other books in the lineup, and we’ll see what I get to first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Kit ‘N Kabookle posts on Twitter @desantismt. Tag me for retweets.

Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that that you can make dollars by locking selected pages of your blog / site?
    Simply open an account with AdscendMedia and embed their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete