Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WWW Wednesday 9-24-14 (Birthday Edition!)

WWW Wednesday

Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

-What are you currently reading?

I started Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch last night. Is that not the best pen name ever? I loved Bosch’s first series (the Secret Series), and so far I’m liking Bad Magic, which features the younger brother of one of the Secret Series’ main characters.

-What did you recently finish reading?

I started Onyx last Thursday. Then I stopped for a few days. Then I finished it on Sunday. It was good. Lux will never be my favorite series, but the stories have a good level of action and suspense.

Skullduggery Pleasant, on the other hand, is my favorite series of all time, and that makes Derek Landy my favorite author. I got the book. I read the book basically in a day. I earned myself a massive headache doing so. I regret nothing. The Dying of the Light was everything I wanted in the last book and even a few things I didn’t know I wanted. There is no better ending for these characters, this world. I want more, but I feel that more would break the fragile perfection that is this series. Well done, Landy. I look forward to reading everything else you write.

I also finished up The Magician’s Nephew last week. It’s a great little read just like the rest of Narnia.

-What do you think you’ll read next?

I haven’t a clue. Lish McBride’s next book comes out this week. H.I.V.E is on my list. There’s also some hardcore epic fantasy I want to sink my teeth into. We’ll see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Kit ‘N Kabookle posts on Twitter @desantismt

Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

1 comment: