Monday, March 17, 2014

THE LEGEND OF EVE by Toni Edge

THE LEGEND OF EVE by Toni Edge
A ya contemporary scifi romance

Seventeen-year-old high school transfer student Eve Carson is the genetic cure-all for droolworthy Teluosian alien King, Adam Plain.

As Adam tries to convince Eve he wants her and not just her DNA, Eve discovers a hidden world of interstellar traders, human "genetic cows," and teen abductions by a government that will do anything to control the Teluosians on Earth.

When Eve's mom is kidnapped, loyalties are tested. Is Eve Adam's true love or his next "genetic cow?”

EXCERPT
It was locked.

I turned back to Bryan who was still staring at his hands as if they were the most important things ever.

"Open the door, Bryan." I sounded way more confident than I was. I didn't know what had to be done, but I knew I needed to leave.

"Eve, I can't do that.”

"What the heck are you talking about? I need to get home. My mom is going to worry.”

I saw him shift from foot to foot. I didn't know what it was, but whatever it was it wasn't going to be good. Guys are only nervous when they have bad news to tell.

"You can't leave. We'll try to make some arrangements for your mother, but for right now we have to make sure you are okay.”

I wanted to climb over the table and beat him like I had Dweeb Boy. Make arrangements didn't sound like something I wanted for my mom. I felt the tug towards Adam. At that moment my whole focus changed from wondering about this mess to just getting home. "Bryan, she's all I have. I can get her to come here. You don't have to make arrangements.”

"No. You don't realize how big this is. We can't let you go because they want you. And until we know how to neutralize that, you're not going anywhere.”

~Buy THE LEGEND OF EVE:

-Kindle
-B&N
-Kobo

ABOUT TONI

Toni Edge is a former juvenile delinquent and honorary member of the truancy club. Now, she likes to teach teens who remind her of herself. She also likes to read everything, a habit she picked up during her truancy days. For all the rest of her free time she likes to write young adult paranormal/science fiction stories that would have made her teen years so much clearer, if the stories had been true.

Visit Toni’s website.

---
Hey readers,

Locked doors in fiction are never a good thing…ever.

Follow the rest of the tour

And enter the rafflecopter giveaway.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for another excerpt to keep the mystery going Toni!

    ilookfamous at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Once you write a book picking out an excerpt is always a challenge.

      Delete
  2. What an exciting mystery romance this sounds like. Fascinating excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My hope is that I can write a book that has something in it for everyone.

      Delete
  3. I want to thank my host for having me today. I'm look forward to meeting new and old readers.

    ReplyDelete