Wednesday, February 19, 2014

RDSP Year of the Reader: K. Ceres Wright

Raw Dog Screaming Press has designated 2014 as The Year of the Reader, a time for us to celebrate the audience. We will be doing reader spotlights and special events throughout the year, as well as launching a Reader's Choice Award. More info here.

align=center>K. Ceres Wright

Reader Experiences

I was at Capclave and met a woman named Chris Addotta. She was fun and engaging and attended my reading. Afterward, she came up to me and said that Cog sounded like her type of book, but that she didn’t have any money left after purchasing a number of books from other authors. Later on, when I realized I had an extra book, I walked over to her and said, “I know you really wanted to buy Cog, so here you go. I’m giving you a copy.” Well, a look of joy spread across Chris’ face and she thanked me profusely. It’s moments like that, when you can really interact with your readers, that remind you why you spend countless nights into the wee hours of the morning writing.

I was attending the Baltimore Book Festival, as my publisher, Dog Star Books/Raw Dog Screaming Press, had a tent there. I showed up late because I had a time trying to find parking. When I finally made it there, and after greeting everyone, I felt a nudge at my elbow. I looked up and saw an old college classmate, someone whom I hadn’t seen in more than 20 years. We hugged and laughed. It turned out he had the tent next to my publisher and was promoting his book, Plumster Bunny. So, it is a small world.

Without readers, writers would not have an audience. I am grateful for everyone who purchased a copy of Cog, told their friends about it, or who wrote a review on Amazon. It’s always great to know that I’m not toiling away in vain when I’m writing, and that there are people who both read and appreciate my writing. Thank you!

ABOUT WRIGHT
Bio: Wright received her Master’s degree in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University in Greensburg, PA, and Cog was her thesis novel for the program. Wright’s science fiction poem, “Doomed,” was a nominee for the Rhysling Award, the Science Fiction Poetry Association’s highest honor. Her work has appeared in Hazard Yet Forward; Genesis: An Anthology of Black Science Fiction; Many Genres, One Craft; and The 2008 Rhysling Anthology.

Find Wright on Amazon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful memories for the start of a wonderful career, Ceres!

    Thank you, Mary, for letting Ceres share.

    ReplyDelete