Friday, December 13, 2013

Author Spotlight: Simone Pond

Please join me in welcoming Simone Pond and her debut dystopia novel, The City Center, to Kit ‘N Kabookle!

In this dystopian sci-fi adventure, the City Center is the preferred address in post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. Or is it? The story follows Ava Rhodes on a truth-seeking journey about her supposed utopian city and how she discovers herself along the way. The City Center is part love story, part cautionary tale and part social commentary.

~Buy it on Amazon.

~Add it on Goodreads.

~~~

Thanks for joining us today, Simone. Let’s give readers a chance to get to know you.

-What inspired you to become a writer?

On my 7th birthday I got a Hello Kitty diary and I've been 'journaling' ever since. Writing saved my life and got me through some tough times (and still does). I spent years scribbling notes and random thoughts, but after reading The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton the world of writing opened up. I was blown away that a woman could write so convincingly from a teenaged boy's perspective. I knew I had to become a writer.

-What draws you to your genre of choice?

I’m a big fan of fantastical thinking. I love when an author can create a world different from our current one, yet have characters dealing with the real-life situations we all go through––like love lost or found, taking a stand for something you believe in, or building new relationships.

-What’s something interesting you learned researching this project?

I learned about genome DNA sequencing. The best way to explain it to those of us who aren’t scientists is to think about when you cut off a piece of a plant and use it to grow another one. I still don’t understand the sequencing details.

-Which of your characters would you go out for drinks with?

I’d love to go out with Joseph; he seems like such a cool guy (and a good kisser).

-For aspiring writers, any tips?

1) Write something every day, even if it’s a paragraph.
2) Love everything about writing.
3) Do a TON of research: read books and internet articles, go to seminars, and talk to other authors.

-Is there a genre you could never write? Which and why?

Erotica. I’m entirely too shy. I have trouble writing kissing scenes.

Simone Pond was born in Kensington, Maryland - a small, dry town just outside of Washington D.C. She graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park with a BA in Communications and a minor in English. For twenty years she has worked in advertising agencies in San Francisco and Los Angeles. "The City Center" is her first novel, and is the first in the New Agenda series.

“I do giveaways with Goodreads from time to time, so be sure to check my website for details.”

Visit Simone’s website. Connect with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter SimonePond.

Thank you for stopping by today, Simone. It’s been a pleasure having you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Kit ‘N Kabookle with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me the spotlight! I love sharing my work with new readers.

    ReplyDelete